Not that you can really call this a training week, since this was the second taper week. It’s more like a maintenance week. And “sitting around waiting and worrying” week.
A look back at training week 20:
- Monday: 6.1 miles recovery pace
- Tuesday: 6.2 miles recovery pace
- Wednesday: 6.2 miles recovery pace
- Thursday: 8.9 miles easy pace with 4×1 mile speed intervals
- Friday: 6.9 miles recovery pace
- Saturday: 6.0 miles recovery pace
- Sunday: 13.1 mile long run (steady pace)
Total mileage: 53.5 miles
Paces last week:
- Recovery: 10:12 – 10:53
- Speed: 6:42 – 6:58
- Long: 8:30 – 9:10
It’s taper week three, and the race is just four days away. The Scranton, PA weather report changes daily — one day it shows rain, another sun. I won’t sweat it until Saturday afternoon.
I was trying to think of a word that combines “fear” with “excitement.” I’m not sure such a word exists in English. But that’s what I’m feeling.
Filed under: training