My bathroom sink is beginning to resemble a geriatric’s. But it’s not quite as bad as the one foot square, multi-compartmented “pill pallet” an HIV-positive friend once showed me.
In the morning, I take: 4000 mg (or “four grams” — stupid Americans) of vitamin D and 400 mg magnesium citrate.
In the evening is when the real party happens:
- Another 400 mg magnesium citrate
- 27 mg Ferrochel* (iron) — 1.5x this twice a week (on whatever are my heaviest training days)
- 1000 mg vitamin C
- 500 mg omega 3
- Birth control pill
- Allergy pill
- Half a 3 mg Lunesta (rarely and only as needed)
Whatever. They’re all working.
* This comes with, as a bonus:
- 60 mg vitamin C
- 200 mcg folic acid
- 60 mcg vitamin B-12
- 48 mg calcium (I’ve not idea why, since calcium impedes iron absorption)
Filed under: physiology