(Cue the lame party noisemaker)
It’s the inaugural post to a new blog! Does the excitement ever start?
Okay, let’s get it over with. I’ll hit my stride soon enough and this will get a lot more interesting.
The basics — I’m starting this blog because:
- I love to write and I’m sick of message boards
- I’d like to encourage non-runners to become runners
- I’d like to encourage runners who do not race to start racing
- I need a way to unwind from the insane hours I work; yes, running is not enough
I have plans for this blog. Oh, yes:
- Haiku. Who wants haiku? Anyone?
- Information about running-related things: podcasts, books, sites, shoes and apparel, races…
- Other, non-running observations about, but not limited to movies, books, teevee, weird places I’ve been, odd things I’ve witnessed and more!
And so, here is the inaugural haiku:
I have more blisters
In mysterious spots
Where’s my BodyGlide?